- Improved 64-bit support for Windows 10
- Enabled running the program as a restricted user rather than administrator
- Fixed disappearing dimensions window
- Fixed setup program to enable installation as regular user instead of administrator
- Added register button to shareware title screen.
- DXF exports are now centered around zero.
- DXF exports now use the same units that were used for designing the cone (see here for details).
- Added an extra comment to the DXF file specifying the actual dimensions and units used to generate the file.
- Fixed timezone correction. A bug prevented users located in a timezone East of GMT (London) to start up the 21-day shareware version (see here for details).
- Renamed the program to Cone Layout to better illustrate its purpose.
- Although not visible to the user, internally Cone Layout was completely redesigned to improve maintainability.
- Added dimension markers to 3D model and removed F1 help function from dimensions edit window: one picture says more than a thousand words...
- Added number of bends control to dimensions edit window, removed Finite Element Model (FEM) resolution from preferences window.
- Added (optional) bend lines to flat pattern projection.
- Added many new units: centimeters, yards, radians, grads, minutes, points.
- Number of decimals and increment/decrement value now depends on selected units.
- Created full color Windows XP icon.
- Fixed scaling bug that resulted in tiny print outs or exports when using inches or feet.
- Removed minimum and maximum limits on diameter of cone. People seem to use Cone Layout to build huge objects (hence the new "yards" unit!).
- Fixed EPS line width bug.
- Implemented exporting flat pattern projection to Encapsulated PostScript file (.EPS).
- Minor changes to the documentation.
- Removed the 45 degree limit for the skew angles of the truncated ends of the cone.
- Cone can now print very large flat pattern projections. The flat pattern projection will be printed distributed of multiple sheets of paper. Each sheet contains a small thumbnail of the entire flat pattern projection with the part shown on the sheet printed gray.
- Due to a bug in the 3D to 2D conversion algorithm there where inaccuracies in the flat pattern projection of cones with relatively large top-angles.
- Help file has been edited by N.J. Leon.
- Added window with rendered 3D model of the cone.
- Added description of cone in flat pattern projection window and .DXF file.
- Added preferences dialog to enable the user to customize the program.
- Added support for meters, inches and feet.
- Optimization algorithm is now more accurate and faster.
- Instead of rotating the bounding rectangle, Cone now rotates the flat pattern projection.
- Fixed bug concerning default file extension in Save As dialogs using Windows NT.